Creating a Facebook App for Your Page
First, you need to visit the Facebook for Developers website. Click on the drop down menu next to My Apps menu on the upper right corner of the screen next to your profile photo.
This will bring up a popup on screen. You need to click on website.
- This will take you to a quick setup wizard. You need to enter a name for your Facebook app. This could be anything that helps you identify the app.
- Click on the ‘Create New Facebook App ID’ button to continue.
- A new popup will appear asking you to provide a contact email address and select a category for your app.
- Enter an email address and select Apps for Pages as app category.
- Click on create App ID button to continue.
- The popup will disappear and Facebook will now create an app for you. On the quick start page, you will see new information about how to use the app.
- You just need to scroll down a little to ‘Tell us about your website’ section.
- Enter your WordPress website address here and click on the next button to continue.
- Even though Facebook will be showing you that there are more steps in the set up wizard, but that’s all the information you needed to enter.
- You can now click on the ‘Skip Quick Start’ button at the top right corner of the page.
- You will be redirected to your newly created app’s dashboard. You will be able to see your App ID and to see your App secret key you will need to click on ‘Show’ button.
- Before you copy these keys, first you need to make your app live and publicly available.
- Click on the ‘App Review’ link from the menu on your left.
- On the next screen, you will see that your app is under development mode. Click on the toggle to switch it to ‘Yes’ and make your app live.
- Now click on the dashboard link from the left hand column to go back to your app’s dashboard. Copy your App ID and Secret keys.
- Return to your Instant Articles for WP plugin’ settings page on your WordPress site and paste your App ID and Secret keys there.
All Contant and Data source From here