If you’re experiencing bullying, looking after yourself can help you reduce your stress and feel more positive and hopeful. We chatted to a bunch of young people who’d experienced bullying and they shared their own self-care tips.
This can help if:
- you want to meet new people and make new friends
- you’re naturally shy and reserved
- you want to improve your social skills.
If I had known about mindfulness or meditation type stuff back then, I feel like that would have really helped.
What can I do now?
- Take 5 and reflect on how you can make sure you’re looking after yourself. Check out this article for our top 5 tips.
- If you’re interested in giving mindfulness a go, hit up the Smiling Mind app.
- Check out this forum thread, it (actually) has 1,000,001 ways to look after yourself when life gets shit/you fell down/everything sucks etc. They’re simple, effective, easy things to do to make yourself feel just a little bit better.